Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Direct Air is looking for a new service engineer with either a mechanical or electrical bias, to join our expanding compressed air service team. Direct Air are based in Coventry & Cheltenham but provide service support to UK wide facilities.
- You will carry out preventative and reactive maintenance, fault finding & repairs on all types of industrial compressed air equipment.
- Attendance to call outs on customers sites in or out of normal working hours to attend to breakdowns when they occur.
- Attending manufacturers training courses as necessary.
- Providing the highest standard of service or repairs to build on our already excellent relationship with our customers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to also work as part of a team is essential.
- Prepare and submit completed job sheets carried out both on paper and electronically.
- Effective communication with colleagues and customers.
- Identify and recommend system & new product upgrades to Sales team.
- The ideal candidate must have great communication skills and have experience in mechanical and electrical fault-finding work.
- Work safely in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
- Show enthusiasm for the job in hand and demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised.
- A patient and methodical approach.
- Be prepared to work away from home and at weekends when occasionally required.
- Be able to understand electrical and mechanical schematic drawings and diagrams.
- Be prepared to take part in the ON CALL rota that provides 24 Hour call-out to our customer base.
- Installation experience not essential but would be useful.
- Valid full driver’s license and safe driving record required.
Service Engineers will be provided with all equipment required to complete the work including mobile phones, tablet and calibrated testing equipment. Engineers will be provided with a company vehicle.
Company branded work clothing will be provided along with all PPE.
Service Engineers will be paid overtime, call-out payments, service engineer bonus scheme in addition to the basic salary offered.
Salary: £24,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year + bonus and overtime (dependant on experience)
Holiday entitlement: 22-24 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays per year
Working hours: Standard 40 Hours per week
Apply for position