Available positions: 2
Direct Air & Pipework Ltd are one of the UK’s leading installers of compressed air equipment working on installation projects throughout the UK.
Our customers range from small local businesses to nationwide accounts including: Royal Mail, Thatcher’s Cider, Accord Healthcare, McCain’s
As part of our continued growth we are looking to add to our installations team working from our Coventry works. The role will involve assisting senior pipework engineers in installing and modifying compressed air pipework, with a view to the position developing to working on jobs independently.
The role will involve working closely with members of our installation team, using a range of materials (aluminium, plastic, stainless steel, galvanised steel) using engineering drawings (2D and 3D), liaising with customers and developing onsite responsibility.
You will receive full on the job training in all aspects of compressed air pipework installation. This role will initially be a junior position, with great opportunities for progression for those who demonstrate the necessary application and aptitude.
You will need to be flexible as the position will require working away from home occasionally and possibly weekend working.
The position involves manual handling for which full training will be given.
The person will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- A minimum of five GCSE passes. These must include Maths and English at grade C/4 or above
- Full clean driving license
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work away from home and at weekends, when required
Starting salary: £8-£10 per hour (plus overtime and expenses)
Hours: Min. 40 hours per week
Development: opportunities for role to develop, in which the salary would increase alongside.
Direct Air is looking for a new service engineer with either a mechanical or electrical bias, to join our expanding compressed air service team. Direct Air are based in Coventry & Cheltenham but provide service support to UK wide facilities.
- You will carry out preventative and reactive maintenance, fault finding & repairs on all types of industrial compressed air equipment.
- Attendance to call outs on customers sites in or out of normal working hours to attend to breakdowns when they occur.
- Attending manufacturers training courses as necessary.
- Providing the highest standard of service or repairs to build on our already excellent relationship with our customers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to also work as part of a team is essential.
- Prepare and submit completed job sheets carried out both on paper and electronically.
- Effective communication with colleagues and customers.
- Identify and recommend system & new product upgrades to Sales team.
- The ideal candidate must have great communication skills and have experience in mechanical and electrical fault-finding work.
- Work safely in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
- Show enthusiasm for the job in hand and demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised
- A patient and methodical approach.
- Be prepared to work away from home and at weekends when occasionally required
- Be able to understand electrical and mechanical schematic drawings and diagrams
- Be prepared to take part in the ON CALL rota that provides 24 Hour call-out to our customer base
- Installation experience not essential but would be useful
- Valid full driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Experience/awareness of compressed air systems [desirable]
Service Engineers will be provided with all equipment required to complete the work including mobile phones, tablet and calibrated testing equipment. Engineers will be provided with a company vehicle.
Company branded work clothing will be provided along with all PPE
Service Engineers will be paid overtime, call-out payments, service engineer bonus scheme in addition to the basic salary offered
Salary is dependant on experience
Full time permanent role
22 – 24 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays per year
Working hours: Standard 40 Hours per week
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00-£35,000.00 per year